heart4God
Finally i got my Gym membership. Yups I know you are probably saying WHAT!!!! All the way to UK and I am signing up for gym? Of course my dears.... how else am I going to sweat and keep fit?
You think all the walking is good enough? Nopes! It doesn't increased the heart level and anyway its a great place to meet new people as well. =) 36pounds for a 3 months membership too bad its summer holidays so there is less group fitness classes. :( Well have to make do with what is available.
So I went and did Cardio Work Out today! =) and....... I sweat!
Thank God they use the same brand with that of TLS so it makes using the equipments much easier.
Gym Membership Card
My Student ID card

I really wish I have friends who has the same interest and passion right here in UK. I wonder whether is it because I am strange and weird that I can't seem to find interest in what they do. No offence! (But what do they do? I'm not too sure)
I would really loved to go conquering the mountains right here in UK. Explore new places instead of just shopping and walking around looking for food. Argh.... frustrating.
Need an adventerous outgoing bunch of friends. Miss my sister and mum..... Know that if they are here we would be off our feet almost everyday sightseeing at the expense of our legs. You can't come all the way here and just stay in because the weather is too cold or is too far to walk right?
I really ask of the Lord is friends that has the same passion.
Sorry emo-ing....missing my family much especially when I think of the activities that we would do as a family if we are here together.
Nevertheless I am still enjoying UK. The weather especially. Enjoy the morning walks to Uni =)
Well anyhow, I went for CG last night and it was good. Got to know people from Hong Kong, Malaysia, Indonesia and also China. Friendly group and the food was good. We had sambal too :) It was a pleasant change to worship with just a guitar. Really reminds me of just coming to Him simple as we are.
One thing I really feel is that wherever I go the minute I come together with a group of believers and we sing to Him I just feel at home. Its really nice that from the service last sunday which is 80% Africans and now a total Asian Church we worship just the same. A nice familiarity in a place where culture is different. The feeling when we are in worship is as though we are all in the same place as of that in our home church. Feeling of belongingness.
Anyway my flatmates nearly caused a fire alarm today when they microwave rice. Nicely "brown" Got choke with the smoke and see how we tried getting rid of it. By opening up the windows and doors and trying our best to vacuum the smoke.
The really black rice

The couple trying to get rid of the smoke with a vacuum. Really a sight.

My lunch today =) Nopes its not burn

Yupes they were trying to get rid of the smoke. You can see the whole living hall covered with smoke. Our rooms too.

My breakfast. Something that mum has taught me when I was young. Pizza bread. Simple fast and easy and tasty too.
Anyway the smoke left after a while. No alarm. :)
By the way yesterday I found out I have a Hong Kong national as my lecturer. Can't believe it I came here expecting all 'ang mo' but its populated by Asian Lecturers.
I miss Mr.Chin, and the bunch of TARC lecturers. No they did NOT spoon feed us although I really wish they did. Mr.Chin tortured us alright but I am glad he did. Helped us much in our preparations for CIMA Exams...
I wish I could have something more concrete to work for. Hmmm.......
Need to start preparing ground work for Europe Trip as well. If only things could be done with just one snap of a finger.... Ok guess I should head back to reality.

0 Responses

Post a Comment